Saturday, September 17, 2005

Tobie's News

Well, until I get my phone authorization code, which won't happen until I register, the blog is my only means of communicating with my family, so here is all my news: Moved in Friday afternoon. Only person doing early move-in and they didn't bother telling any Orientation aides or RHs, which are the equivolent of Midrichim/ot, so they were all just a little surprised, but friendly. Davening began quite late at Hillel, followed by a communal dinner, where I got to meet other first years and grad students, all later year people not being allowed to move in for a bit. Shabbos day, davening followed by another communal lunch, but I was at the boring table with all the accompanying parents, so I left early and hung out and Rachel and Shmuli's all afternoon. Fun stuff. Then mincha, break and ma'ariv, after which I rushed back to my house meeting twenty some minutes late. We got various forms of house related information- there are about forty new or transfer students, of which around ten are female, and the upperclasspeople are moving in at the end of the week. We also had an icebreaker (Two truths and a lie- where each person tells two true facts about self and one lie and everyone else has to guess which is the lie- my semi-fluent Aramaic impressed people) Tomorrow we start real stuff- for me, registration, and for everyone, math testing. Some of you will see me tomorrow morning (7:30, right?) and so I can give more info then.
Missing you all (well, not you Rachel or Shmuli, because you're right here, but everyone else)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home