Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Job interviews

Given that I having been spending my time back home in an absurdly lazy manner, I decided that I would try to get some temp jobs, which are probably the only jobs I can get for only three weeks. So I checked out various temp agencies on the internet and called one up and scheduled a job interview. So far so good. Of course, I had wanted to schedule more than one appointment, but I didn't have the guts to tell this place no in case I got a job elsewhere or cancel my appointment, so I was stuck with this one. Come Monday morning, I got up early, dressed up in interview clothing, got my resume (the story of printing that one is a story of its own, which we shall not go into now), and went off to this place on Old Orchard Road, about a 15 minute drive. I arrived at 9:55, a few minutes before the interview, and the stupid office was locked. So I hung about, thinking that maybe they actually didn't open 'til 10, although that was somewhat ridiculous and then someone from another suite told me that they had moved. Hello! Did they not feel the need to inform me? We never discussed their location, but I don't think it was hasty of me to assume that the address on the internet was inaccurate, and if they recently moved, you'd think they'd tell people where they were in case the other person had the wrong information. So when I got home, I called them up and found the guts to cancel my appointment, since they were all the way out in Northbrook. And then I called up another place, interviewed there, and am currently waiting for them to get back to me when they find a job that fits.
That is not the point- the point is my massive annoyance at this other place that did not feel the need to tell me where they actually were located, nor did they feel in any way guilty for my trouble, etc. And also the point is that I posted on the family blog again, which I have not for a while and had to keep my hand in even if I didn't have anything particularly interesting to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home