Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ongoing feelings of Unreality

This is a bit of a random (one of the top five seminary girl words, btw) post, in that it doesn't really discuss anything economic, political, family-related, or any other content that anyone else might care about. But here I am, with a computer and a bit of free-time, so I'm going to write it anyway. Today we have a party for the end of the year (referred to by everyone, including the principal, as the Last Supper), after which finals are over and we have only Shavu'ot together before being sent home. I don't know about the rest of my school, but it still hasn't hit me at all. I mean, I am fully capable of comprehending the fact that the year is over and we are all leaving, but it feels as if it going to be happening it at least three months. In fact, the party this afternoon also feels as if it will not occur for quite some time now. This happened to me at the end of high school as well, but certainly not to this extreme. This may be because seminary itself, as a one-year thing, has a very ephemeral, artificial feel to the whole thing. I'm expecting that it will hit me about two weeks after I have gotten home, so look out for me sitting up suddenly in the middle of the night and shouting 'What? Seminary's over!?'

(Ok, that was a bit of an odd post, but frankly, no one has posted almost anything for days and days now and someone needed to get the show back on the road.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home