Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My summer plans

Well, taking Talia's noble example, I'm going to use this blog as a forum for all the news that may or may not have been transferred over the Mom Radio. Basically, I find myself without a summer job, having been turned down by IDT for coming back home too late (at least that's the reason that I've been told). This means that, sadly enough, I am forced to find a real true job without the conveniences of nepotism and find myself at something of a loss. Tragic, but true. So I've been considering options, but am pretty busy now with finals and also it's a bit tricky to find a job in Chicago from Israel. I'd google it or something, but have no idea what I'm looking for. I was thinking maybe something like a temp agency that Rachel did once (do you have any information about this at all anymore?) or maybe I can waitress at one of the various Chicago restaurants, but this whole job insecurity thing is making me very very nervous. Never before have I known the fear of being one of our city's legions of unemployed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shmuli said...

You can always hang out with me and the kids. Rachel might even be willing to pay you for babysitting me.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Tobie said...

Thanks for the offer and for the information, but somehow...

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Tobie said...

David- that sounds great, but I worry about my manifest lack of both experience and actual skills. At what point in your life did you do this job and how strenuous of an application process was it?

5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home