Thursday, May 26, 2005

Reasoning with Yosef

This afternoon I was trying to persuade Yosef that he would have more fun if he started using the toilet. I made an incredibly flawed argument that he would be able to play outside more if he was toilet trained. As I expected, though, Yosef didn't catch the obvious flaw that being tethered to the toilet should probably reduce outside play. Instead, Yosef said "that makes lots of sense." "Gotcha", I thought. Yosef continued "but I don't want lots of sense, I want little sense."

1 Comments:

Blogger Tobie said...

Wow, as not the parent involved, I find that incredibly cute.
And the lesson is that as smart as you are, your four year old is always smarter.

Maybe you could have tried pointing out the flaw in your own argument, thus rendering it 'little sense'

4:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home