Thursday, December 15, 2005

Did I Go Too Far In Saving Money Today?

I need the family's opinion on a minor etiquitte point. I had 15 minutes to kill before picking up Chaim from school, so I went to Main pizza and ordered fries. While there, I noticed that the table next to me had left a meal virtually untouched. I asked the guy cleaning it up whether I could take it and he said okay in a doubtful sort of way. Despite the less than glowing recommendation by the purchasers, the food was actually very good, much better than my undercooked fries.

I'm not terribly worried about germs, I cut off the part why the guy bit into it. And, the germs in half eaten food are relatively benign compared to the toddlers snot or worse I'm continually smeared in.

Nevertheless, I'm aware that asking for leftovers from other people's meals is probably against some social norms. I need an opinion for the service professionals in our family on what they think of it. I doubt the waiter minded, I left him a $1 tip on $2 of fries to thank him for the leftovers. But, did the restaurant owner mind? I wasn't going to purchase lunch, I wouldn't have had time to wait, and the food wasn't worth paying full price for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I don't think its much of a problem but I do know that I had a feeling of embarrassment when me and Dad went to Danali's ordered a thing of fries and got a table and free bread and butter. The enjoyment from the fries basically was cancelled out.

10:05 PM

 
Blogger talia said...

don't be embarassed- you also ordered an orange soda and the rest. staff thought it was cute.

1:41 PM

 
Blogger talia said...

don't be embarassed- you also ordered an orange soda and the rest. staff thought it was cute.

1:41 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Talia this was last week and no orange soda.

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home